If you are suffering from crooked or misaligned teeth, you should perform Invisalign treatment for teeth straightening. Often this is the reason people do not like to go to social gatherings because they feel embarrassed for their misshapen teeth. It is not at all difficult to take care of your Invisalign aligners which mean you should store them safely in a container, when you are not wearing them. Also, your clear braces are a good investment which may get stained or discoloured when you do not take proper care of them. It is also important to change your Invisalign clear braces in every two weeks for getting the best possible result from the Invisalign treatment.
- Clean your braces – The Invisalign aligners are easy to clean and they do not require much time. You will need a soft-bristled manual toothbrush and put white toothpaste or colourless soap for cleaning braces. Put the aligners under water and take small amount of toothpaste to brush alongside the aligner. This should not involve much scrubbing and you need to be really careful not to cause any damage to your braces.
- Do not eat with braces – The best part of wearing Invisalign braces is you can take them out when needed. Like it is important to wear them for at least 20 to 22 hours daily, you should remove them at the time of eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. Otherwise, there are chances you can accidentally cause damage or stain them. The only thing you should consume with your braces in is water.
- Do not ignore rough edges or cracks – Your braces may develop some cracks or rough edges when you wear them for sometime. This might be from eating accidentally while wearing braces or removing them repeatedly. In case you notice cracks, breaks or rough edges to your braces, let the dentist know immediately. If it is more than minor damage, it can probably affect your treatment.
- Avoid use of abrasive materials – You should not use soap, mouthwash or denture cleaner at the time of scrubbing your braces. All these ingredients may be somewhat abrasive to the device which makes them appear dull. So, they are easy to see when you wear them.
- Rinse your braces thoroughly – Rinsing your aligners will help to eliminate lingering saliva and plaque from them before putting them back in the case. It is important to rinse them off even when you are not at home or else they may become the major cause for bacterial growth. Make sure to find a sink before you remove out.
- Clean your teeth properly – It is important to clean teeth properly when you have braces inside your mouth. This is because small food particles get trapped in between the teeth which cannot be removed only through brushing. So, flossing daily is necessary to eliminate them for smooth progress of Invisalign treatment.
- Do not use mouthwash on braces – Most mouthwash products contain artificial colouring and harsh ingredients that can cause damage or stain the braces. Due to the use of clear plastic, Invisalign trays can attach the tint present in mouthwash. Even it can warp the shape because of using any abrasive chemicals. You need to remove braces before using mouthwash and your mouth should be rinsed thoroughly before you replace the trays.
- Avoid drinking some beverages – It is best on your part to avoid consuming coloured or sugary drinks when wearing your Invisalign braces. You should drink water only if you want to keep your aligners in. Otherwise, take them out before drinking anything than water. If you consume any beverage, tea, coffee or dark soda while wearing aligners, rinse them out soon in order to prevent stains and build-up of bacteria.
Thus, you need to visit a dental clinic in London where the Invisalign providers can help to perform the treatment successfully. Before that, he will see your teeth condition and how quickly teeth straightening can be done for your case. This way, you will improve your appearance and confident level. Make sure you ask about the treatment cost so that it fits within your budget.